Joining Caring Clowns International
We offer our members:
- Opportunities to clown in humanitarian, community and care giving events
- Socializing with other clowns and the people in the communities we serve
- Training sessions in clown skills and care clowning protocol
- Opportunities to help the needy through clowning and raising funds to help children in the world
- Opportunities to clown internationally in developing countries
- Association with an organization recognized internationally as a good will ambassadors, supporting people in the U.S. and the rest of the world
We have two types membership categories: active clown and non-clown:
Active clown: Please understand if our membership application is more stringent than most. You see, when you clown on behalf of Caring Clowns International, you are representing our entire membership, our stellar 15 year history, our board of directors…..and the reputation of caring clowns throughout the world. We require that our clowns have a high level of skill, humanity, selflessness and abide at all times by our Expectations and Commitments of Members. Once we receive your application, we will contact you and explain the membership process.
Committing to being an active clown member of Caring Clowns International requires members to participate in a minimum of three documented caring clown events a year representing Caring Clowns International (volunteer, no payment) and substantiate your involvement each year upon renewal of your membership.
Non-clown member: As a non-clown member we also require new members to uphold the long-standing reputation of our organization.
Non clown members obviously can’t clown at events, but we appreciate your carrying our message by participating in clown events in your community (i.e., parades, etc.) as a supportive observer and promoting our work in your community and in your network of friends and associates.
Annual Membership Cost: Annual membership dues for the first year is $85, which includes processing fees for joining, and subsequent yearly dues are $75.
Thank You for your interest in us and what we do! The Board of Directors of Caring Clowns International