End of the Year Message 2015
Please Continue to Support Us
December 31, 2015
This has been an exciting year for us in Caring Clowns International. This year, with your help we have raised and donated over $21,000 to several organizations helping children in need in the U.S. and in developing countries. This brings our total donations to help children to over $277,000!
Here are some highlights for 2015:
- Peru Craniofacial Surgeries – In our 10th year with Komedyplast, a U.S. nonprofit that performs free craniofacial surgeries for poor children in Peru, we have helped support doctors with clowning during the screening and post care for children in the hospital. This year, the doctors completed 22 surgeries. The clowns also performed in other hospital wards and around Lima at schools, orphanages, children’s recover center, a girls’ camp and a retirement home. Komedyplast has performed over 160 surgeries for poor children in Peru during these 10 years. All have been successful. We are also proud to say that in 2015, Caring Clowns International raised $4,450 $ for Komedyplast to help with the surgeries.
- The Bufferfly Readers Project – We were able to provide and broker through a local Rotary Club a total of $4,700 to enable a pilot program for remedial readers at the Athlone Girls School in Johannesburg, South Africa. This project provided urgent teaching and intervention to children from low income families to improve their reading level. By all accounts, the program has been a grand success, and may lead to contracts with more schools. The South African national government’s education office is even talking about making The Butterfly Readers project a national standard.
- Nepal Earthquake Relief – We provided $5,000 to support a Nepalese nonprofit called Nourish Nepal. With these funds, they provided blankets, tents and water to hundreds of families devastated by the recent earthquake in Nepal.
- Wall of Hope – We provided $2,000 to a nonprofit called Wall of Hope to support the building of a community center for disadvantaged youth in Gondar Ethiopia. The center will assist in feeding youth, providing them a stable environment to meet, learn and gather, and assist them in developing professional and social skills to be more successful in life.
- The Kumari Project – We provided $5,000 to The Kumari Project that runs a small safe house for 12 orphans in Budhanilkantha, Nepal. This project provides health care, education, nutrition and life skills to these Nepalese orphans. Our grant will pay for the 2016 school year fees, supplies et al for the 12 children in the safe house in an excellent school.
- Local Clown Gigs – We have clowned at a number of events in the Puget Sound Area in Washington State providing smiles on countless children’s and adult’s faces. For some of these appearances, we received donations to help us fund projects helping children. Many, however, are also just our support to the community. Some of these events include the family fun events for the crew and families of the USS Nimitz aircraft carrier in Bremerton, community celebration events in Manette and Bremerton and a number of Christmas celebrations. All told this year, we performed in 25 events, in the Puget Sound Area. In addition, several of our clowns perform twice monthly at the Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital in Tacoma, Washington. Several other of our clowns in Virginia and Detroit also perform regularly a hospitals and local events.
As you know, we are an all-volunteer tax exempt charitable nonprofit that spends 93% of all donations on the people we support.
Your involvement and contributions allow us to continue to help needy children to be able to live healthier lives.
Thank you for your support! Click to Donate
(Please fell free to pass this note along to your friends and families, as well)
For all of us…a giggle of clowns who care
Jed “Duffy” Selter
President & Executive Director
« Previous: Purchase Tickets For CCI Dinner Auction, April 9 2016 Next: A life devoted to laughs and helping others; literally around the world »